Nurturing/ Teaching Courses
The Internet Monk on Raising Children
Michael Spencer a.k.a. the internet monk is always worth reading. His posting on How Religious Parents Royally Screw Up Their Children is especially really worth reading.
Michael raises 8 points;
(1) By trying to raise sinless children.
(2) By telling children they are specially called by God- from birth to ministry.
(3) By using religion as punishment.
(4) Saying 'God told us to' as your reason for parental decisions.
(5) By having a constant fear of what is normal.
(6) By lying and consistently making ignorant statements.
(7) By obsessing on Satan and demons.
(8) By ignoring culture and isolating your children from it.
Now read the whole article.
|posted 23 April 2007|
"treat, heal, and comfort always"
"spiritual forming disciples of Jesus Christ with informed minds, hearts on fire and contemplative in actions"
Except where otherwise
noted, content on this site is
© 2006-2017 Alex Tang